Last night I read Natalia Rose's 12 steps to RAW. It was quite interesting talked about cooked food being an addiction and even someone that's on a 99% raw diet still slips because they allow that 1% cooked in. I guess the decision needs to be whether you're prepared to say goodbye to cooked food forever. Whether I'm prepared that is.
I know raw is a truth for me. I know cooked makes me feel crap. There are a multitude of reasons why I want to do this. What is it holding me back? It must be an addiction. Did I feel this way when I gave up cigarettes? I can't remember.
Anyway, the upshot is that I know I'm making excuses. I know I can see Gary today at Mono and just have a drink instead of food. I know I can cancel the vegan restaurant when I'm away with work. I know I can go to the vegan meet up and just have tea instead of food. I KNOW I can do all those things.
The book talked about asking for support from your loved ones. I must ask for support from Rod. When I'm with him I normally slip back to cooked. It's not his fault it's mine. I want to be raw god damn it and I want over this addiction. Natalia claims the first two months 100% raw are the hardest, after that it's much easier. So that would mean at the end of August this should be much easier. I've done this before I know I can do it again.
Just going for a walk then going to make my green juice when I get back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment