Friday, 22 May 2009

hmm sugar overdose

Just back from my trip away with work. Quite impressed with myself. All the way in the airport, taxi and when I got to the hotel the thoughts of going for some cooked food flooded my brain and I had to fight pretty hard. It was funny listening to the angel and devil argue the pros and cons. In the end I opted for my huge salad which was quite nice although my dressing wasn't as good as I'd hoped.

This morning I felt better with the brick in my stomach subsiding. I ate 4 peaches until lunchtime then went and bought a packet of medjool dates. They were really lovely but I ended up having 8 of them and about an hour later at the airport I needed to sit down as my whole body was shaking. Not the best idea all that sugar!

Had an apple at the airport as I felt quite hungry but it was a mangey battered one and not organic. Kept me going till dinner time tonight though. I made a hemp milk and added raspberries, bananas, suma, lucuma, purple corn and maca. It was quite nice. I'm trying out the superfoods again to see if there's any difference. I felt like something was missing after it though. To be honest I was craving a big avo salad but without my raw pesto there isn't a dressing I really want. Plus we're going out to the cinema in a bit so I needed something fast. I whizzed some bananas with agave and cacao powder but it wasn't very good and it'll probably keep me wired for a while.

Picking up the pesto tomorrow. Can't wait to have a HUGE yummy salad. How sad is that? I really ought to get a life...

No comments:

Post a Comment